This collection of studies considers the reception, audience, and fans of professional wrestling.
- The Fourth Wall and Professional Wrestling by CarrieLynn D. Reinhard (Dominican University)
- The Co-Construction of Kayfabe by CarrieLynn D. Reinhard (Dominican University)
- Chad Dell. (2006). The Revenge of Hatpin Mary: Women, Professional Wrestling and Fan Culture in the 1950s. Peter Lang Publishers.
- Sharon Mazer. (1998). Professional Wrestling: Sport and Spectacle. University Press of Mississippi.
- Marion Wrenn. (2007). “Managing Doubt: Professional Wrestling Jargon and the Making of ‘Smart Fans.'” In Practicing Culture: Taking Culture Seriously. Eds. Craig Calhoun and Richard Sennett. Routledge.