This collection of studies considers the history or histories of professional wrestling from around the world.
- Louis Kyriakoudes and Peter Coclanis. (1997). “The ‘Tennessee Test of Manhood’: Professional Wrestling and Southern Cultural Stereotypes.” Southern Cultures 3, p. 8-27.
- Harris M. Lentz. (2003). Biographical Dictionary of Professional Wrestling. 2d Ed. McFarland and Co.
- Gerald W. Morton and George M. O’Brien. (1985) .Wrestling to Rasslin’: Ancient Sport to American Spectacle. Bowling Green State University Press.
- Edward Portnoy. (2006). “Freaks, Geeks, and Strongmen: Warsaw Jews and Popular Performance, 1912-1930.” The Drama Review 50, p. 117-35.
- Sina Rahmani. (2007). “Wrestling with the revolution: The Iron Sheik and the American cultural response to the 1979 Iranian Revolution.” Iranian Studies, 40(1), p. 87-108.
- David Schwartz. (2003). “Carnival Entertainment: The Carnival Origins of Professional Wrestling and Casino Gambling, or ‘Sports Entertainment’ and ‘Casino Entertainment.’” Popular Culture Review 14, p. 5-14.